According to WHO, poor hygiene is described as one of the main risk factors for the acquisition of infectious diseases. If we place this in a context such as the use of public toilets, is easy to understand that the use of a public bathroom can be an unpleasant experience and all kinds of ideas of contagion we come to mind, thinking cleaning conditions may not be the most appropriate. In addition, according to a study published by the American Society for Microbiology, asepsis of the bath surfaces after disinfection only lasts a few hours, being equally colonized by microorganisms only five hours after cleaning with bleach. So is obvious that the pathogens are able to colonize easily bathroom surfaces.
The antibacterial protection technology would protect the public baths against pathogenic microorganisms, but currently not all public facilities have begun to use these solutions. It is therefore important to know what can be done to avoid related to the use of public toilets infections:
1. Choose the cleanest toilet. Always check the cleanliness of the toilet before entering. Interestingly, there is a study that reveals that the closest toilet to the entrance is usually the cleanest.
2. Do not leave any belongings in the floor. Hang your bag or coat on the hook behind the door.
3. Use toilet paper to open the toilet seat. The key to avoid germs in public restrooms is to keep hands protected at all times.
4. Avoid sitting in the toilet directly. Clean it with paper does not guarantee the elimination of germs from the toilet.
5. Lower the lid of the toilet before flushing. The keys of bacterial spread in the bathrooms seems to be the to flush the toilet without closing the cover, because it happens like an aerosol disperse fecal bacteria everywhere.
6. Do not pull the string with your bare hands. The hands are the major vehicle of transmission of fecal bacteria.
7. Wash your hands! Hand washing is the most important part of using a public restroom. Thorough washing helps remove germs you pick up along the way and prevents the transmission of them.
8. Ensure your personal protection using the Protector Antimicrobiano BactiBlock® 24h. Sprinkle the surface with the product, leave a few minutes and then dry with a clean cloth to ensure a surface free of bacteria, viruses and fungi during your stay in the public toilet